ConTact C.A.R.E. Flinch-lock® Release Therapy for resolving impact injuries
For people and animals
Contact Care – Flinchlock Release Therapy® is a hands-on body therapy specialising in dealing with impact injuries. It has been developed in Ngatea, New Zealand, by Dale Speedy, whose background includes very high level martial arts, Ortho-Bionomy, and an ability to observe and see what Simply Works in Nature, (as opposed to what a given theory might say). I know of no faster way to facilitate the Release of the effects of past mis-adventures that are caught in the body causing present day pain.
Contact care is Excellent for treatment of:
- Unresolved injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Breathing disorders, especially where rib or neck injury has occurred
- Self Care
- Repetitive stress injuries eg carpal tunnel, oos
- Sciatic pain, and backs that keep going “out”
- Headaches and migraines
- Sensory issues
The emphasis in Contact Care is on understanding the instinctive nature of how your body deals with impacts, and the reflexive way in which such impacts are naturally healed or integrated.
Understanding these mechanisms, which operate outside of conscious awareness, explains why consciously exercising the mind and stretching and strengthening only get you so far in some cases of trying to rehabilitate from injury.
What is a session like?
The clinical experience is non-intrusive and gentle, the techniques are safe and very effective. Clients remain fully clothed.
You can expect to be:
- observed closely as you move
- listened to closely as you tell the story of your impact
- supported in comfort, in standing, sitting or lying
- to be educated in how the body instinctively protects itself under duress
- to have a meaningful experience of how your body is working PERFECTLY, in an ABNORMAL situation
- to be given homework to support the return of normal function
The official ConTact C.A.R.E website is www.contactcare.co.nz if you want to find out more about practitioners in other areas. Or study the method – I love it because in one weekend you can learn enough to get started and facilitate a few miraculous-seeming changes in your loved ones, with no prior knowledge or experience necessary.